This site (“Website”) is operated and controlled by The Insurance Supper Club (ISC) (“us”, “we, “our”).
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains how we collect, use, share, protect and process any Personal Information that we may collect from you, or that you may provide to us.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when interacting with us (for instance, attending events or volunteering), then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you individually, whether directly or indirectly.
When we collect information from you
We collect information from you when you:
- Request information about us
- Enquire about membership for the club
- Register to attend an event, or
- Express an interest in corporate and associate membership, sponsorship opportunities or collaborative ventures.
We collect Personal Information from our day to day contact with our members, supporters and the public. Personal Information is gathered in a range of ways including by emails, business cards, written correspondence, telephone calls and through the Website (for example, content which you may contribute via the Website).
Information we collect from you
We may collect the following information from you:
- name, job title, company & area of expertise
- company or personal address
- email address and phone number
- professional biography and photo
- other information relevant to a particular purpose (e.g., dietary requirements for an event)
When visiting the Website, we may gather information on how you use the Website to help us develop and improve the Website and to provide relevant, helpful information to you. This includes information about your computer such as domain name, browser type and version, operating system, IP address, cookie information and time stamp, what web pages you visited on the Website, and how long you spend on each page. We may also collect traffic data, location data, weblogs, history of resources accessed on the Website and information on what websites you visited before accessing the Website.
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller of such Personal Information is The Insurance Supper Club.
How we use your information
We use your Personal Information for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- to analyse how you use the Website and to identify how the Website could be improved;
- to administer your membership of The Insurance Supper Club, if applicable;
- to send promotional emails about new campaigns or other information which we think you will benefit you using the email address which you have provided; and
- to send you invitations to our events.
We may also use your personal information for administrative purposes; for instance, to confirm receipt of an application.
You can change your email preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails.
Where we store your personal information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Updating and accessing your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us at email@example.com soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you no longer wish to receive general communications from us, you can change your preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org using the unsubscribe button at the end of each email.
We will implement your opt out promptly after we receive it. The opt-out does not apply to direct communications from one of our staff.
Under the new General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. Unless the request is unusually complex, we will provide this information within one month at no cost.
Equally, if you have any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact us at one of the above addresses.
Retention of your information
We will hold our members information on our systems for the duration of an individual’s membership (unless you ask for your information be deleted). If we have not heard from a member for longer than 2 years, or no longer have a valid email address, details will be removed off the system.
We will hold personal information collected on non-members as long as they remain active and responsive (unless you ask for your information be deleted). If we have not heard from the individual for longer than 2 years, or no longer have a valid email address, details will be removed from the system.
Third Parties working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers and systems for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process event registrations). When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. We have contracts in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Third Parties we work in associate with
We aim to ensure that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect.
Please keep in mind that, however, that no Internet transmission is 100% secure. Some email sent to or from our Website may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary: These enable the Website to function correctly and deliver content. These cookies do not gather information about users that could be used for marketing or remembering sites that users have visited on the internet.
- Performance & Functionality: These cookies do things like understand user preferences and associate users to any forms that they submit to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms.
- Analytical: These cookies help us analyse how the Website is used, such as allowing us to compile reports on website activity and providing us other services relating to website activity and internet usage. In particular we use the Google analytics cookies.
- User Authentication: These social media cookies allow users to log in to share and promote their activities and donations via social media. These cookies include: Facebook like button cookies and Twitter Share Button cookies.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS DATA AND COOKIES POLICY
We will review this policy annually and will place a notification on the website when any changes to the policy are made.
QUERIES AND FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data and you think we haven’t dealt with them properly, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or raise a complaint at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Policy last updated: 18thMay 2018