ISC France was launched in Paris on 21st March with an inaugural dinner, sponsored by Chubb, which gathered together 40 leading women of the insurance industry based in France.
The inaugural dinner was the first of many events that ISC France will organize in the coming months. The evening connected these leaders for the purpose of building relationships, and to discuss subjects related to the insurance industry and more personal matters such as career development.
After the welcome given by Carlene Clifford, (General Secretary – ISC France) and Nadia Côté, (Country President – Chubb France), the guest speaker Ivy Kusinga, (Senior Vice President, Chief Culture Officer – Chubb) reflected on the role of women in leadership
«Chubb’s commitment to advancing women in insurance extends beyond our actions internally. We recognise and support the necessary role of collaborative efforts through partners like ISC, who are critical in accelerating progress within our industry. The successful launch of ISC France offers an important platform for women leaders to influence the shaping of a more inclusive environment for all talent to thrive.» Ivy Kusinga
ISC France is a non-profit Association, based in Paris and affiliated to the Insurance Supper Club (CIC) in London.
The Association is reserved for women managers and senior executives in the insurance industry and residing in France. A representative panel of professions within the insurance industry is encouraged and the quality of members can be granted to persons working in relation with insurance or the service of insurance. Membership is granted in view of the position held or recently held within the insurance industry.
ISC France is sponsored by Benefactor Members
ISC France Benefactors for 2019 are: Allianz, AXA, Chubb, Covea and Liberty Speciality Markets. Benefactors will be represented on the Board and will be proactively involved in the onward development of the Association.
Senior Vice President – Director of Accident and Health, Continental Europe – Chubb Treasurer, ISC France – Board Member
« I am proud and delighted to be part of the founding group of ISC France. We have a very exciting journey ahead of us as we grow and develop our network further. By meeting together and sharing our experiences we can create a legacy that will inspire more women to choose a career in the insurance industry and develop a pipeline of female executives who can pursue more senior opportunities. »
ISC France objectives are:
- − to group in the form of an international professional network, women managers and senior executives practicing within and on behalf of a company or group of companies belonging to the insurance world,
- − to build a network through which members can exchange information on professional subjects, in respect of any restrictions of confidentiality, in a spirit of trust and mutual respect,
- − to encourage exchanges around themes related to insurance to inspire future generations of leaders in this economic sector,
- − to benefit from mutual guidance and support on professional issues,
- − to help women at all levels of companies in the insurance world and to sponsor women toachieve their professional goals,
- − to promote social responsibility,
- − to create and participate in events organised by ISC France or its members. These events are,without being exhaustive: private dinners, seminars, round tables and receptions.
Barbara SCHONHOFERPresident, ISC France – Board Member« The Insurance Supper Club is a community interest company headquartered in London with over 700 members globally and chapters in New York, Zurich, Dublin, Toronto and Bermuda.I am proud to announce the establishment of our first affiliated organisation, ISC France. We are excited about the possibilities this brings for the women of France and to our expansion and purpose globally.»
Carlene CLIFFORDGeneral Secretary and Head of Partnerships, ISC France – Board Member« I am very pleased to be one of the founders of ISC France. As one of the largest insurance markets in the world, France was well placed and I was encouraged by number of women in leadership positions. We are committed to engaging and uniting women leaders internationally and in doing so develop meaningful cross border relationships. We are stronger together.
CONTACTS ISC France
General Secretary and Head of Partnerships
Head of Communications