ISC are delighted to share latest Supper Club news for one of our members Sian Fisher ACII who has been appointed as CEO of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). She succeeds Dr Sandy Scott, who announced his retirement in March last year. Ms Fisher will take up her new post on the 1 February.
Sian has a rare breadth of experience in the business of insurance having held senior roles in a Lloyd’s Syndicate, a UK and European insurance company, a start-up intermediary, a market leading MGA, a major international broker and US corporate. She was a founder and original Board director of the Managing General Agents’ Association and has held senior positions with both the CII and the Insurance Institute of London. She is a graduate of Oxford University with an Exec MBA from Harvard and is ACII qualified.
CII president, Robert Fletcher, ACII DipPFS, said; “I am confident that after a rigorous process, in Sian, we are bringing in a CEO who will build on the strong foundations that have been created by Sandy and his team.”
“Her appointment will ensure that the CII continues to play a pivotal role in encouraging greater public confidence in the insurance and financial services sectors, both in the UK and overseas.”
Commenting on her appointment, Sian, said; “The CII has flourished under Sandy. There has never been such a concerted effort from business, the Regulators and society around conduct, ethics, talent development and social mobility. I am looking forward to getting out and meeting our members and corporate partners to discuss making the most of this opportunity. My immediate goal will be to maintain and broaden the momentum behind the professionalism agenda.”
Sian Fisher ACII
Key Roles (1986- present)
• ASTA Underwriting Management- Current- Non Exec Director
• Arthur J Gallagher International- Chief UW Officer, Managing Director UW, Board and Exec member
• OIM UW Ltd- Founder Director, Managing Director, Board and Exec member
• Oxygen plc- Founder Director, Board and Exec member
• Hiscox plc- Managing Director HISCO, Board attendee and Exec member
• Hiscox Syndicates Ltd- Director HUL, Syndicates 33 and 624 Line UW for Professional Indemnity
• Marsh International Reinsurance- Graduate Trainee and International Reinsurance Broker
• Managing General Agents’ Association- Founder Director and Board member
Connections with the CII
• Vice President and Board member of CII
• Vice President and Council member IIL
• Awarded CII Exceptional Service medal
• 1995- Chartered Insurer
• 1991- ACII
The CII is the world’s leading professional standards organisation for insurance and financial services. Its 120,000 members are committed to maintaining the highest standards of technical competence and ethical conduct.
A robust framework of learning and development solutions enables the CII to support corporate partners and individuals across the industry. It ensures that all members comply with minimum standards and inspires many more